Step 8: Applying Eyeshadow
We now arrive at what I believe to be one of the most intimidating parts about the makeup—eye shadow. It takes a lot of practice for it to look perfect.
- Use an eye primer to prime the eyelids.
- If you have an oily lid, then this is a compulsory step for you. The primer will keep the oil away while making the eye makeup last longer.
- If you want a shimmery eye look then use a shimmery primer to prime the eyes.
- A cool toned primer will look great on the fair skin while a warmer one will complement a medium or a slightly darker skin tone.
- Apply the primer all over the eyelid.
Now that we’re done applying the eye primer, it’s time for the eyeshadow
- Apply a golden eye shadow on the lids and blend in well.
- Smoothen out any harsh lines and do not apply any cream shade above it.
- If you want a simple everyday look, use non-shimmery and natural colors like browns, nudes, pastels or taupe. These look great for daily wear.
- For those occasions where you need to add more colors, wine shades, purple, reds, green and blues do a great job.
- Invest in some good eyeshadows.
- If you are using cream shadows either top it with a translucent powder or apply a same shaded powder eye shadow to seal it in place.
After applying the eyeshadow, it’s time to move onto the eyeliner.
Step 9: Applying Eyeliner
Use brown or black eye pencil to line your eyes.
- Use brown eyeliner for a subtle look and black for a more defined eye look.
- Sometimes, when I feel like skipping the eyeshadow, I complete my makeup look with only eyeliner.
- Apply liquid or gel liner on the upper lash line and wing it out if you want.
- Use kohl on the lower lash line.
Now, we move onto the last step in eye makeup. That’s right, it’s time to curl those lashes!
Step 10: Applying Mascara
- Use your eye lash curler to gently curl your lashes.
- Add false lashes for a dramatic effect.
- Do keep in mind to choose the lash glue carefully. Make sure to use only the glue that’s meant for the eyelashes.
- Now, apply another layer of mascara to make it look thicker and full.
- If you use false lashes, first apply them and then curl them along with the natural lashes.
- Once done, apply mascara.
Step 11: Doing Your Brows
- Now fill in your brows with a brow pencil or use a bit of powder eye shadow to fill the gaps of the eyebrow, if any.
- Use a brow brush to tame the brows or use a clear mascara to keep them tamed throughout the day.
Step 12: Applying Lipstick
- How to do perfect lip makeup? Before you use any color, check if your lips are dry or chapped.
- If you have chapped lips take a damp washcloth and gently rub over the lips to remove the dead skin. Alternatively, you can use a damp toothbrush to do the same.
- Next, apply a lip balm and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Now gently remove excess balm using a blotting paper or a napkin
- Once that is taken care of, apply the lipstick.
- If you want the lip color to stay all day, use a matching or nude lip liner underneath.
- Apply the lip pencil and fill in the lips.
- Now apply the lipstick either directly from the tube or use a lip brush.
- Once you have applied it, blot and reapply another layer. This ensures that the color stays for a longer time.
- Add a layer of gloss for added shine.
And you are ready to go! Hope these easy steps helped you on how to do a perfect makeup. Till then, keep it stylish!