Step 5: Applying Foundation
Choosing the right foundation can be difficult.
- Choose the right foundation according to your skin type. Usually, powder and water-based liquid foundations are good for oily skin while dry skin is best off with cream foundation or oil based liquid foundation.
- Apply a small quantity of the foundation onto the face. Distribute it evenly.
- Use a foundation brush, or blending sponge to blend it in.
- Blend well till you get a smooth finish.
Step 6: Touchups
- If needed, check whether you need to conceal anything else
- Using it again will ensure that any remaining spots are concealed and redness is minimized.
Since we’ve finished our base makeup, it’s time to move on to adding a pop of color to the cheeks!
Step 7: Applying Blush
For a more natural looking blush use the powder blush right after applying foundation.
- Simply smile to determine where the blush should go and dust it onto the apples of your cheeks with a light hand.
- Use gentle strokes.
- After blending, check on both sides of the cheek to see whether the result is as desired.
- If you want more intensity, use more blush and blend in as instructed above.
- Avoid too much of it! You want to look like you have a healthy glow and not a clown!