How To Do Makeup Perfectly? – Tutorial
Step 1: Know Your Skin Type
Based on your skin type, you need to figure out if you should be using water-based or oil-based makeup products. Mixing water-based skin care with oil-based makeup will probably not yield the best results. When you think about it, it’s just basic science; oil and water never mix. The oil always floats above the water. This means that your oil-based makeup might not sit well on your skin. So figure out your skin type first.
Step 2: Get Your Face Ready
How to get the perfect makeup look? Makeup is an art, so it requires a clean base.
- The first and foremost thing is to keep your skin healthy.
- Go for facials and keep your skin hydrated
- Alternatively, you can do a DIY facial yourself at home.
- Try to use a deep cleansing face mask to cleanse the face of any dirt or oil from within.
- If you have dull and dry skin, exfoliate to remove dead skin layers or dry patches.
- Remember not to over exfoliate.
- Apply a toner on a damp cotton pad and sweep it over the face gently. Using a toner will make sure that the pH balance is restored and it will pick up any remaining dirt as well.
- Once done, apply a moisturizer irrespective of any skin type. Use a light moisturizer if you have an oily skin and use a heavy one if your skin lacks moisture.
The next step would be to apply a primer.
Step 3: Applying Primer
- Wait for the moisturizer to set in.
- Now apply primer. A primer will ensure you have a smooth surface to work on.
- It will make it easier to apply the foundation.
- It will also help the makeup to last longer.
Once you’ve prepped and primed your face, we now move onto the concealing.
Step 4: Applying Concealer
- As the name suggests, a concealers job is to conceal any spots or imperfections.
- Apply the concealer under your eyes in an inverted triangle and dab it into the skin with either a brush, beauty sponge or your finger. The ring finger has the lightest touch, so it’s best to opt for it when blending in delicate areas like the under eye area.
- Apply the concealer in the rest of the areas where you think you require it.
- It is vital that you only dab and not blend the concealer since you don’t want to be moving the product around too much.
The next one is probably one of the most important steps in applying makeup.